As business owner, your goal is always to make your business stand out in a good way. What separates you from the other businesses that offer similar services? How can you convince customers to go with your product or service instead of someone else’s? What makes you stand out and above any other company?
For a photo booth business, this still applies. Whether you have heavy competition in your area or not, it is important that you work to make sure that your photo booth business stands separated from the rest. Here are a few ways to help ensure your photo booth business is better than all of the others.
- Have an exceptional product. People today want the latest and greatest photo taking technologies. Make sure that your photo booth takes great photos. This can be accomplished a few ways:
- By having a good software that you use with your photo booth. this includes the option of gifs as well as still photos, various filters, and skin smoothing technology.
- By having beautiful and creative backgrounds
- By having a photobooth that has good lighting
- By having fun props. While this does not have an effect on the kind of photos that your photo booth takes, it does have an effect on the kind of photos that come out for your guests, making them more fun.
The more options that you have available for your photobooth, the more the product you have will stand out, elevating your business.
- Have exceptional customer service. Customers remember how a business interacts with them. Be attentive and communicative with your clients. If a problem does arise, as it always will when interacting with others in a business, be sure to handle it professionally, appropriately, and in a timely manner. Build a rapport within the business as one that can be trusted and is reliable. Once that happens, your reputation will proceed you. Which brings us to the next one:
- Ask clients for reviews. Reviews are important for every business. When choosing where to buy a product or rent a photobooth, people go online and check for a company’s reviews. Good reviews lead to good press, bad reviews lead to bad press. However, no reviews is also untrustworthy. If a business doesn’t have reviews, people are more skeptical to go with that company because they don’t know what they are getting themselves into. That’s why it is important to ask clients, especially when you first launch your photo booth business, to leave a review. This will build your online presence and trustworthiness.
- Get your name out there. Get your name out there by partnering with local events. As a photo booth business, there are multiple opportunities where you can capitalize on exposure. You can go to a bridal expo or a local charity event. Bridal expositions can get you on the list as a known vendor for weddings. You can also apply for conferences, such as event planner conferences, as a vendor. Conferences such as these, filled with event planners who could rent a photo booth for the events they are throwing, allow you to get your name out there, network, and build a community. Local charity events, or events that you can sponsor, allow yourself exposure in your local community. The purpose of this is to get your brand and company out there. By having guests input their email when they use your photobooth, for example, you can build a mailing list. Figure out the balance between doing too much in the beginning and just enough to get your name out there and start to build clientele.
Also be sure to use other channels, such as social media, to get your name out there. Create a page, create a website, and get your friends and family to support your online presence.
Starting and owning a business comes with a lot of ups and downs. It takes a lot of work and effort by you as a business owner, but following these tips can help your business stand out. Stay professional. Eventually, your reputation and your clients will speak highly enough for you with the people that they know that it will work as its own form of advertising.